Thursday, June 25, 2009

Things are looking up





So we finally got jobs! It seems like it took forever, but really we were job searching for just under 3 weeks. I am working for this company called Mika Rose, its a modest clothing company that is based out of Provo and is just starting to sell in Seattle. I will be a sales rep for the road shows they will be doing to promote the clothing. I am so excited, it works out perfect because its only for the summer, it doesn't require a lot of training since I have already done so much retail and I get free clothes to wear to work. I was starting to get a little worried but its all coming together now. Chelsea also got a job working for a nice restaurant as a hostess. We both got full schedules right away and so we had to have some fun today since it was our last free day together, at least for a while. We went to Alki beach, just outside of downtown Seattle. There is a long board walk where everyone rides their bikes, a beach and a really cute strip with little shops. It was really cold but people were acting like it was a nice sunny day, playing volleyball, paddle boarding and playing in the sand. Me and Chels were freezing just walking in and out of stores. It was cool to experience a totally different kind of beach and see such a cool view of the city. I love it here more and more everyday and now I love it even more that I have a job!

1 comment: