Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pretty Parks

Bubble drinks are really popular here and they are our new obsession. We treat ourselves when we can convince each other that we have enough money to live haha.



One thing I love about Seattle is the outdoor activity. People are always outside, running, biking, doing everything. There are beautiful parks everywhere too. Yesterday we took a walk around Green Lake. This huge lake with a trail around it that is about 2 miles round trip. There were massive lily pads floating in the lake with turtles just hanging out on top of them. The three of us were pretty excited about this since the turtles we are used to are much larger and swim in the ocean. Although its been a little chilly lately, the sun was out yesterday and if you in the sun, it felt pretty good. Everyone keeps telling us that we must have brought the good weather with us from Hawaii. Even though there have still been some typical Seattle days with rain and clouds. Although we still have not found jobs, and its starting to get a little stressful thinking about how we are going to survive the summer if we don't get a paycheck soon, we are trying to enjoy what we can. Well, enjoy all the free things that we can. Jordan's dad does come up every once in a while to work on the house and he spoils us with things like full meals and Mariners games. But when he goes home, its back to parks, job searching, and apples for dinner. I still love it here, my dad told me if I really need to come home, he will help me get there. I never ever considered that! I am determined to find some way of supporting myself here and enjoying the rest of my summer in Seattle.

1 comment:

  1. an apple a day keeps the dr. away which is good since you can't afford that either:) this is good practice for the poor days of early marriage! maybe you could hula in the park or something for donations! love ya!

    ReplyDelete